A cilantro lime avocado sauce that's creamy, vegan and gluten-free and takes only 5 minutes to prepare. With accents of lime, garlic and cilantro, this is an avocado sauce recipe that's so easy to make and tastes delicious on just about anything.
This creamy avocado sauce with lime and cilantro is the absolute BOMB! Vegan and gluten-free, this avocado sauce recipe is so versatile, too! Drizzle is over a delicious bowl of my Chipotle Cilantro Lime Rice or my spicy Jackfruit Tacos. Slather it on my Vegan Street Corn, Vegan Enchilada Casserole or my Vegan Tinga Tacos. And, if you love recipes with avocado, try this creamy Avocado Pasta.
And it's not just for tacos or Mexican food either. It pairs well with anything grilled including my Grilled Portobello Mushroom Burger and my Grilled Carrot Dogs. You can also use it as a dip for tortilla chips or a topping for tostadas. It's so delicious and versatile, you'll definitely want to triple the recipe!
Ingredients You'll Need
Here are the ingredients, many of which you may already have in your fridge and pantry:
- raw cashews
- fresh cilantro
- minced garlic
- fresh lime
- ripe avocado
- sea salt and black pepper
- garlic powder
- filtered water
How to Make the Sauce
My cilantro lime avocado sauce is super easy to make in just 4 simple steps. Check out the instructions below:
- For best results, soak cashews overnight. Alternatively, you can soak in boiling water removed from heat for at least 1 hour.
- Drain and rinse the cashews after they have soaked the required time.
- Place all ingredients except the water in a high speed blender or food processor. Pulse just until well-combined, then add water, a little at a time until the desired consistency is reached. I usually start with ¾ cup initially and if too thick, I add the rest. Process just until mixture appears smooth and creamy. TIP: If you don't have a food processor yet, check out the Hamilton Beach 10-Cup Food Processor I used for this recipe on Amazon. I love the side scraper!
- Drizzle over your favorite dish and enjoy!
Tips for Making Sauce
- This avocado lime cream sauce pairs perfectly with tacos or any dish in which you wish to add more flavor.
- Make sure you process long enough that cashews are completely blended into mixture. Bits of cashews are not cool for this recipe.
- Store cilantro lime avocado sauce in an airtight, glass container or jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
More Delicious Toppings
Have you tried this? Why not leave a star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating in the recipe card right below and/or a review in the comment section further down the page? I always appreciate your feedback. You can also follow me on Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter, and sign up for my newsletter!
5-Minute Cilantro Lime Avocado Sauce (Vegan, GF)
- 1.5 cups raw unsalted cashews soaked in boiled hot water for 1 hours or overnight
- 1 ripe avocado pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1 cup fresh cilantro finely chopped
- 2-3 large garlic cloves minced
- juice from 1 large lime
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- ½ jalapeno leaves seeds in if you like it hot
- ¾ to 1 cup filtered water
- Soak cashews in water that you brought to a boil and removed from heat for at least 1 hour. If you prefer, you can soak overnight.
- Drain and rinse cashews after soaking.
- Place all ingredients except water in high-speed blender of food processor. Pulse just until combined. Add water, a little at a time. I usually start with ¾ cup and add more if sauce is too thick.
- Drizzle over your favorite dish and enjoy.
- My cilantro lime avocado sauce is not just for tacos. Use on any dish to which you wish to add more flavor.
- Make sure you process long enough that the cashews are completely blended into the mixture. Chunks of cashews are not cool for this recipe.
- Store in an airtight, glass container or jar in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
Leave a Reply